Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Six.

My baby girl is now 6 years old. I'm having a hard time letting that sink in as it just seems so old! I cannot believe 6 years have passed already-I really wish time would slow down.


Madison, you are the absolute sweetest thing on Earth. We are beyond blessed to call you our daughter. You are my little buddy and I love every second I spend with you. You seem so much older than 6 though, because you are so mature and so selfless. You are my best little friend and I appreciate everything you do to help me out. You love on everyone you know and are so patient and kind to your little brothers and sister (whether they deserve it or not!)

Holding baby sister a few months ago
Girls and their chocolate. You didn't know how that chocolate got on Natalie. Hmm.


I am so incredibly proud of you and all your hard work at school. I have to brag on you now because I want you to go back and read this one day-please know that I will always be proud of you not based on your grades, but as long as you do your best and do what's right in the eyes of the Lord. You have such amazing character and an amazing conscious-I think you inherited the conscious part. You are a child of God and that is obvious about you. You do your best and strive for more-you love to learn and you love to help. You got your report card on your birthday and made straight 3's and 3+'s again. You know all your sight words (knew 217 out of 220 at the beginning of the year) and knew all the math you were supposed to learn the whole year at the beginning of the year as well. Your reading is incredible. You are 2 little levels away from being on a 2nd grade reading level. You always set an amazing example for others and especially for your siblings. Your teacher said you have good behavior, great character, go above and beyond, and are a hard worker.

Your 3rd report card ever. All 3's and 3+'s. Again.
You girls are my brownie makers for Tuesday night Bible study at our house. 



God has blessed us so much in giving you to us. I don't know where I'd be without you, especially in taking care of your brothers and sister. I hope you never change, just continue to get sweeter and sweeter (if that's even possible!) You told me that you would snuggle with me forever, even when you're an adult. I just might hold that to you, you know! You are so beautiful inside and out. People and teachers/Sunday School leaders always come up to me and tell me how smart you are or how sweet you are, and strangers compliment your beautiful red hair on a regular basis. You are truly unique. You are still such a petite little thing, not even 40 lbs. yet. You're wearing a 5/6 because you have good height on you, but not much else ;) You are healthy and constantly energetic and I love how "kid-like" you still are. You are pretty girly in most aspects but can still play with the boys when you want. You have a few best friends at school, but 2 of them are boys that you love being silly with.

You were "Missy Mouse" in your Kindergarten Zoophonics parade several months back. All the kindergarten classes marched around the school singing the zoophonics song, everyone dressed as a different animal. Cutest thing ever.
Enjoying our new back deck.
During your Praisentation at E-force Wednesday night. 

You've lost 3 teeth total and have 1 wiggly one. Only 2 permanent teeth have grown in though, because you have such a little mouth. Your dentist wants you at the orthodontist very soon. Sounds like you're taking after Mommy :( I do love your toothless grins though. Your wiggly one is a top middle tooth and I can't wait till you're a snaggle-tooth here soon!

I started posting about when you accepted Christ a few months back, but never finished. I'm just amazed at how much you really understand what it is to be a Christian and how much you "get" the gospel. You can easily tell all about Christ and what He did for us and why, as well as why we take the Lord's Supper. You accepted Christ into your heart as your Lord and Savior on September 27, 2014. You were just 5 1/2 years old. I always knew you'd understand and come to know Him at an early age because of how bright you are. We've done our best to teach you at home and have you in church each Sunday and Wednesday as well, for you to learn and grow. I was 6 years old when I accepted Christ and remember that being an emotional moment, sitting on my bed with my parents in Guatemala. Madison, you were emotional too and started tearing up as you prayed to God. We (you, me, & Daddy) were all sitting in Grandmommy and Lito's room while we lived in their house. Such a sweet moment when you walked downstairs and proudly announced to them that you were a Christian now. You call me not only Mommy, but your Sister in Christ now. You truly understand and are excited about it-like every Christian should be. I'm so thankful to God that He has saved you and you will now go to Heaven one day to be with Him forever. You were able to take the Lord's Supper this past Sunday night at church, for the very first time-March 22, 2015. I explained it to you and what the bread and juice meant-you easily explained it to Grandmommy when she asked if you knew. You prayed and thanked God by yourself with us around you there in the evening service in the gym. You kept your little cup as a sweet reminder of it.

Moments after you accepted Christ. So full of joy!

Your first Lord's Supper on March 22, 2015. Proudly holding your cup.

I am so proud of you and I know God has amazing things in store for you-you will do amazing things through Him in your life. There is a reason you are incredibly bright and passionate and kind. You are one of a kind and you've blessed us greatly being our daughter. We love you, Beautiful. Happy 6th birthday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails