Tuesday, November 13, 2012

40 Weeks...And Counting


Well, 40 weeks came and went last Friday. I had a good check up, had dilated to a little over 1cm and 80% effaced so my midwife was able to help me out to try to get things going. Micah's head was pretty low so that helps too. I had contractions off and on all weekend since then, and have still been having some irregular ones. Nothing too painful, just mostly pressure and lots of tightening. I went walking with my mom up and down hills all weekend, 3 miles each day. I ate Scalini's eggplant parmigiana, and ate La Parilla. Still no baby. This kid is stubborn just like the other 2.

Scalini's

I'm getting the horrible facial expressions from strangers like I'm a walking spectacle, getting questions like "Is it twins?" and "you're STILL here??" and the general pained look on people's face as they look at my belly and say "ohhhhhhh...." Oh well. I've waited this long, I guess I can wait a few more days. I am actually doing ok other than the fact that I am having to keep a close watch on Micah's movements. He is not moving nearly as much, but I know he is running out of room too. We had an ultrasound Friday and he scored an 8 out of 8 and I still have plenty of fluid. They said he looks to be weighing in around 7 lbs. 9 oz. (last week) so I'm thinking he may be similar to Landon's size when he's finally born.

I think I did most of my nesting yesterday since I know he'll be coming sometime this next week. I spent 6 hours cleaning, doing several loads of laundry, dishes, cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, taking out the trash, organizing, etc. And I managed to do all that while taking care of a 3 year old and an almost potty trained 2 year old, take a shower, and get them fed and down for naps. I at least got Brad to go get a few groceries to last us and then shampoo the carpet so I wouldn't have to. I was exhausted. Remind me to never clean for 6 hours at 40.5 weeks pregnant again with 2 toddlers. Today I plan on finishing up some vacuuming in the bedrooms though.

I have to go to the doctor for a non-stress test today to monitor Micah's movements and breathing. Then I'll have my check up and after that I suppose they will go ahead and schedule my induction just in case he doesn't come in the next few days. I don't think they will let me go past Monday (10 days overdue) which is fine because I really don't want a Thanksgiving baby. I wanted to go the all natural route this time and avoid Pitocin, but I know it's all in God's timing. God likes to teach me patience a lot!

40 weeks. Hard to see his profile, his hand is in front of his face.
After today's check-up and testing I'll try to update with the next step.
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails