Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blessed.

This is what we saw about a week and a half ago. The hubby was surprised I agreed to take the test because usually if there was ever any chance, I'd say no, don't waste one. Just wait and be patient. (Is it bad we usually have a steady supply of pregnancy tests in our bathroom closet?) This time, I knew it was going to be positive way ahead of time. I have a little experience with those things now. I know this baby is meant to be-in God's timing. We've always wanted more than 2 babies. How many more, I'm not sure. This little one and Landon will be spaced much farther apart than him and Madison. We're looking at just under 26 months apart as opposed to just under 18. I think that's good spacing considering Landon's personality. Every kid is different. When Madison was Landon's age right now, we were about to have him and she was great-I felt ready with her. If I were having another right NOW with Landon's current "spirited" personality? I might run out the front door screaming. Like I said, God's timing is perfect. By the time this little one comes, both kids will be in preschool 2 days a week so I'll at least get some naps in those days. I'm just so excited to be having another itty bitty one soon. I just wish they stayed that itty bitty!

Anyways, I read a wonderful blog post someone had shared on Facebook. It was SO good that I found myself in tears (which is not abnormal these days) and sharing it too. Check it out here:
Counting the Hours
This is something I will probably go back and read again on days I really need it. I may not have 7 kids but I'll have 3 kids 3 and under. Even moms of just 1 need the reminder. Sleepless nights, 3am nursing sessions, constant poopy diapers, puke, snot, teething, up-the-back blowout poops, endless messes, dishes, and laundry can take a toll on any mom. This post emphasizes that God gives you what you need every hour you need it. He WILL supply me with just enough sleep to make it through each day. Enough patience, enough love, enough energy. He takes care of the flowers of the fields and the birds of the air, why wouldn't He take care of me? Reading things like this from other moms helps me see that it is all worthwhile and that I am doing what God has called me to do in this season of life: to raise my children for Him. Other moms somehow make it. Their kids are still alive and doing fine. Heck, MY kids are still alive and that's something to be proud of in my opinion. There are certainly days I don't think one of us is going to make it out alive (usually me). But I am so thankful for a God who loves us and gives us everything we need. When I have close friends all around me who struggle to have children, have tried for years, or have recurrent miscarriages, I just wonder why it's them and not me. My mom has said before that God chooses to test and teach us in different ways. I know we all have different struggles in this life-I have other struggles that they don't, and vice versa. I have learned to thank Him in everything, through the good and the bad (learning moments), the rough times and the most wonderful times. Right now I'm rejoicing for this gift He has given us, and I feel blessed.

Thank you, Lord. I am overwhelmed by Your love, and the blessings you've already given us.

We sang this at church Sunday: Your love is deep, Your love is wide, And it covers us. Your love is fierce, Your love is strong, It is furious. Your love is sweet, Your love is wild, And it's waking hearts to life.


My parents gave me the "Jesus Calling" devotional by Sarah Young and I've been reading it every day since January 1, 2011. It is written as if Jesus is speaking to us. Ironically, this was the day after we found out we were having baby #3. I had gone through various emotions of feeling overwhelmed, terrified, ecstatic, and just plain stinkin' excited. And I'm a worrier even though I know it's a sin. I constantly struggle with that. This was what I needed to read that day. Short and sweet. I'll keep reading this and the Counting the Hours post a lot.

A favorite verse:
"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3
I definitely feel like I don't deserve it, but am so thankful for His grace.

We don't go for our first appointment with the midwife until March 30. It seems forever away and it still doesn't quite feel real until I go see that first little picture of the little peanut. At that point I'll be 8 weeks along and I'm sure we'll have the ultrasound and listen to the heartbeat. I LOVE pregnancy appointments!

Well, here we go-another 9 month (and beyond) journey in awe of our Creator!! I can't wait.

2 comments:

HelenClyde said...

Congratulations!! How precious you´re having another little one, big families rock :)

Katie Reeder said...

Great post! God is good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails