Friday, March 30, 2012

8 Week Check Up

Today was an exciting day as we had our very first check up for baby #3!! We started off with an ultrasound, some vitals, and then went to see my midwife Michele. According to my LMP, which is what they measure from, I am 8 weeks 0 days, due November 9. However, our little peanut is measuring slightly bigger at 8 weeks 4 days, which would put us at November 5. Michele decided to keep my due date as November 9th since that is more standard. Who knows how big this baby will be! At the rate I'm going I'm almost scared to know! They say they get bigger each time, which was true for Maddie 6 lbs. 7 oz. then Landon 8 lb. 1 oz.

The heartbeat was loud and strong at 150 bpm. I always love hearing that! Unfortunately for me I've already gained probably around 4 pounds. They took my starting weight today but little did they know I've already put some on the last 4.5 weeks. I've been eating CONSTANTLY and sometimes 2 lunches and 2 suppers and snacks in between aren't enough. Faaaatttty. I'm feeling a little more "ick" right now if that's a word, as well as bloated, peeing every 10 minutes, and dying of breakouts on my face. Unfortunately there's nothing safe I can use to treat it :( If I don't eat often enough I start throwing up. Not morning sickness, just constant hunger which I had with both kids before. I've been stealing the poor kids' goldfish just to eat something out of my purse in an emergency. I never know when it will hit.
I go back in 2 weeks for my "complete body workup." Now tell me that doesn't sound like fun? Ugh. You can imagine what all that consists of. I also get my bloodwork done with that as well. After that I'll be going every 4 weeks, which puts me at the earliest time for finding out the gender at 18 weeks instead of 20! We should be finding out the first week of June. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails