Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year and Photoshoot with My New Camera

Looking back on 2011, one of my goals was to learn some new hobbies. At the beginning of 2011, I bought a sewing machine and taught myself how to sew. Then I sold that and bought a combo sewing/embroidery machine and learned how to do cute little embroidered shirts and all for the kids. I learned a little how to make some jewelry, did a lot of cute crafts around the house (mainly from pinterest), found some awesome new recipes and desserts, and found new ways to save by making my own laundry detergent. I've now learned (somewhat) how to take pictures with a really nice camera! I have a long way to go, but I'm so grateful for my cousin Belinda, who does her own photography, who came over to teach me some stuff. Reading the manual got really overwhelming and boring, so she was awesome! I've been doing some research online too, and so far I'm happy with what I've been able to do! I wanted it to be able to take good pictures of the kids as they grow up, because I LOVE looking back on old pictures. Brad was so good to me and got me what I wanted, the Canon Rebel XS, along with a super nice 50mm lens. I got some other little accessories too and can't put it down.

So here we are, closing out a good, fun year of learning! We've been very blessed with God's provisions and blessings this year, for health, wonderful new friends and family, and precious moments with our babies. I can't wait to see what 2012 brings. Happy New Year everyone!

Here's some practice photos I took by myself. Madison was a (somewhat) cooperative little model :) Landon is next when his little carpet burned nose finishes healing!














And just for kicks, here's a comparison picture of me and Madison. Maybe I actually have a kid that looks like she's my kid? Same shape face, eyes, nose, mouth...weird. Just a little different coloring! (excuse my bangs!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails