Thursday, October 6, 2011

3 Years, 3 Months, 3 Days

Remember this ticker I had over on the right side forever?
Well, a week ago today, I officially finished what feels like the longest streak of either being pregnant or nursing a baby (sometimes both at the same time). It's so strange now, for the first time in over 3 years, I don't have some sort of parasite or leach in me or on me! ha. It was such a wonderful experience though, I truly LOVE being pregnant (until the end of 3rd trimester) and nursing is just so easy and gives me and my babies a wonderful bonding experience. It was so bittersweet last week, but Brad and I went to go see Courageous so my parents had to put Landon to bed for me. I'm the only one who has EVER put him to bed, for his entire life thus far. I was worried how he'd do with a sippy cup of milk but he did great! It's the end of an era for him and he just seems so big now. I officially nursed him for 12.5 months and Madison for 12 months. Never even one drop of formula, I'm one happy momma! Not only does breastmilk do wonders for the kids but now that I have reached a minimum of 2 years breastfeeding in my life, my chance of breast cancer is reduced by 50%. How cool is that? (among other cancers, too.) We hope God blesses us with more kids one day so maybe this isn't the end for good. I kind of like my comfy maternity and nursing clothes ;) (But I am not ready for them again yet!)

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I have been wondering when #3 is going to come along... ;)

Erin said...

Haha! Yes, one day hopefully! Just waiting to get my sanity back first before I get baby fever again :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails