Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Locks of Love Donation

Yesterday was a big day for me. I said goodbye to something I've had my ENTIRE 25 years of existence: long hair. (except one time in high school when I had a bad haircut, it was kind of short then)

Now that I have a 1 year old and a 2 year old, I find I have very little time for myself (imagine that?) Obviously, the kids' needs have always and will come first. I found myself not even washing my hair because I did not have the 30 minutes it took to shampoo, condition, and dry my hair (which took so long I was always sweating). So up into a ponytail it went...day after day. I would rather have a greasy ponytail (I have to wash everyday) than get up at the crack of dawn before the kids get up, because I am definitely NOT a morning person. I love my sleep. Although I don't think I've slept in almost 3 years. But that's beside the point. So it was time for a change. Even though the hubby thinks all women, especially his wife, should always have long hair, I decided to donate to Locks of Love. I hope it will make a difference in someone's life. I definitely don't need all that hair for anything!

So I took some "before" pictures:
 It isn't until you see a recent picture of yourself that you realize, holy cow, that's a lot of hair! And thick at that.
At my wonderful cousin's-cousin's salon. Not sure if that means we're related. But she's awesome.
2 10-inch ponytails to Locks of Love. We were going to do 3 ponytails but only found 2 little rubber bands. Lots of hair...it was actually kinda creepy holding them. Like I just cut off one of my limbs or something.
The back when it was all over. With some fun layers and swoopy bangs.
I did NOT cry either. So proud of myself. Although I wasn't really sad. Just excited. I actually weighed myself when I got home and I had lost a few pounds...seriously. It must have weighed a lot. Does that count as getting back to my pre-baby weight?
Brad likes it halfway back like this. I need to try for a better picture (with a little more makeup), but you get it. So yes, the hubby approves :) (not that it mattered at this point...HA!)
And just because I was in a picture taking mood, I took a silly one for Madison because she likes to look at them and laugh..."hahaaa ohhh, Mommy...you so silly" 
(check out yesterday's "Monday Madisonisms")

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails