Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday: Busy Day

Today was a very long day. Started off by waking the kids up to get Madison to preschool on time. Came home, played with Landon, had a failed attempt at a nap, went back to pick up Madison, and drove to the store. I don't care how desperate for food we are, I don't think I will ever take them by myself anymore when at least 1 of them is tired and cranky. My toddler has the loudest scream/cry in the WHOLE WORLD and she decided to let the whole store know, and Landon is a little instigator, constantly picking at her and grabbing her, only making her cry more (and trying to eat my list while I'm shopping, so I'm pulling paper out of his mouth too). Yes, I am THAT mom. Just kidding, they're usually pretty good. But it happens to every parent at some point...Checked out, then found Landon had something next to him in the buggy that we had not bought, so I had to stop and check out again. Got home, did lunch, played, then a cable guy showed up unexpectedly right before naptime. An hour and a half later, he finally left with no success...grr. I finally got both down for naps, then Brad got home and we had to wake both of them up to get to church early and get some Chick-fil-A on the way and pick up a high school kid (because we are the taxi for the youth ministry apparently-but I'm glad, every kid deserves to go even if they don't have a ride. Youth ministry did wonders for me growing up, trust me!) Worked a few hours in the church nursery, got Brad from the youth ministry, then ended up crashing the adult choir Christmas in August party where they had a cookie swap...yum. Brought back lots of cookies/cupcakes under my mom's permission and I am officially ready for Christmas. (Yup, I am over this hot weather.) Got home, got kids in bed and now it's time for MY bedtime! 

I know one day I will look back on this and these memories of everyday life. Some days are really long lately, but they are so special and I want to treasure this time with my kids as much as possible. OK, pictures...

Getting into stuff. Looks like big sister is encouraging it, too...
Obviously he changed his mind about playing in a big bed. Get me out of all this pink, Mommy!!
And I shall eat your chicken nuggets when you're not looking. Meet our human garbage disposal.
Yes, the mohawk needs a trim.
We're getting 4 teeth in at once right now. See? It's not really fun for him or Mommy.
I give him some Puffs. I walk back in and find them all lined up like this...what does that mean? Architect? Scientist? Just OCD like his Mommy? Probably.
Maybe the next Picasso or van Gogh for Maddie. These are her ladybugs. They have lots of legs.
Please, stop growing, Landon. You don't seem much like a baby anymore :(
'Cause I'm a model, you know what I mean...
...and I do my little turn on the catwalk...
...yeah on the catwalk, yeah on the catwalk...I do my little turn on the catwalk...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails