Monday, August 29, 2011

Our Week and Some Videos

Today was just another busy day, we have (and already have had) a busy week ahead. Yesterday we had church then more church for leadership meeting for Brad, as well as another meeting. I worked childcare, and then Madison had her first full day of preschool today (full 4 hours). We stepped around the screaming kids on the sidewalk and walked by them hanging over the gates as we made our way to her classroom. Both her and Landon just quietly observed the madness...so funny. I will eat my words one day if Landon does that though, watch me be that mom dragging their kid in from outside :) Madison did great, but I'm not surprised. I think to her, it's just like church. The kid has practically spent most of her life at church so it's no big deal for me to drop her off somewhere for a few hours. It's so good for her and she has a healthy attachment to us, and even when she saw me at pick up time, she kept playing, then eventually came on to go home. I'm so happy she's having a blast. We also had a church-wise fundraiser at Stevi-B's for supper, which was fun to hang out with all our church friends. The kids were both loved on very much, I'm so thankful for such a wonderful church family who loves my babies too.

I also heard countless strangers comment on Madison's "beautiful, shiny red hair" all day. I'm beginning to wonder if I just need to make her a shirt that says "Yes, I know I have gorgeous red hair. Yes, it runs in the family. Yes, people pay good money for this color. Thank you, goodbye." I never knew having a redheaded kid would make NO ONE a stranger to us. (Same with Landon's clear blue eyes, if it's not one, it's the other, good grief!) Ironically, I saw a quote today that said:
"Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead." -Lucille Ball

I don't mind if they fall in love with her, but she's not allowed to date until she's 30! :)
The rest of the week we have more preschool, MOPS starting up this week at church (yay!), and Landon's 1 year pictures. Oh and we are probably closing to refinance our house. I'm trying to get things together for Landon's first birthday party too...so busy but I love it, better than being bored I guess!
Here's the little diva on her way to preschool this morning...too cool for preschool, huh?

Landon also took 6 STEPS by himself today! I tried and tried tonight to get a video but he was not in the performing mood. Soon, though!!

Apparently I've been too busy posting pictures but neglected posting videos, so here are some long lost videos: Madison excited after her first day of school, Madison "hula-hooping" after church in the gym, Landon watching Madison play at the playground, and Madison doing some crazy dancing.
Combined into one for easier viewing :)
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

FX said...

Erin, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here:

Related Posts with Thumbnails