Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Wedding!

Saturday rolled around and I couldn't believe my big brother was getting married...as a bridesmaid I didn't really have a chance to get pictures so I am borrowing some from friends and family :)

Rachel looked absolutely beautiful and Stephen looked pretty good himself, I guess ;) They make such a cute couple and are so photogenic.

Me and my new sister Rachel. I find it kind of cool that my parents wanted a 3rd child, and they had plans of naming her Rachel if it was girl...Well, God works in mysterious ways, huh?

Landon was well taken care of, my grandparents and parents watched him for me, held him for naps, fed him, etc. while we got ready and had pictures done.

During the ceremony my Aunt Vicki took good care of him while Cheryl snapped some cute pictures. He insisted on eating his matching tie, which was fine because he was quiet until he got the hiccups. He always gets them at the most inopportune times, so he had to be taken to the back of the ceremony.

He was so sleepy but was such a good boy the whole time. He didn't quite make it through the reception, he was too partied out :)
 

Madison was unbelievable. I was a little anxious considering she was the flower girl, a 2 year old. She can be so unpredictable, depending on her mood. She had only taken a 45 minute nap at most on the way there, so I was afraid she would be cranky come time to walk down the aisle.
 
 We didn't have much time to look for her a flower girl dress, so we ended up finding an inexpensive white dress, I removed the ribbon around it and sewed a matching blue sash out of some fabric I found. Not too fancy, but it worked. She felt like a princess, and was quite obsessed with Rachel in her wedding dress too. She kept calling her the princess, would just stare at her and smile, and want to be with her, hold her hand, and wanted to walk down the aisle with her. It was ADORABLE.

I am SO, SO, SO proud of Madison as the flower girl. It wasn't a disaster like we thought, she did PERFECT. She walked all the way down from the house we were getting ready in, down the path, into the grass, and down the aisle all by herself and sat down quietly with my parents. I had an idea to stash some lollipops in my dad's pocket to give her to be still and quiet, and it worked...I was so relieved! Prettiest little flower girl ever! She didn't really drop any flowers on the ground like she said she would, but she never got a chance to practice that anyways. She made it down the aisle alone and happy and that's all that mattered!

It was a beautiful wedding overall. The weather was PERFECT, sunny and gorgeous. Everything went absolutely perfect! I don't think I've been to a wedding without anything going wrong. The music for the wedding was pretty awesome, it was all David Crowder Band songs, even walking down the aisle and out. Very cool. A friend of Stephen's officiated the wedding but my Dad signed off on it since he is an ordained minister. The officiant's wife sang a beautiful Patty Griffin song, "Heavenly Day" which was gorgeous. My cousin Belinda did some beautiful photography, Brad ran sound, and my cousin Evan did the videography for us. A good friend did the flowers which were a beautiful blue, purple and white. Instead of a wedding cake, there were yummy chocolate and funfetti cupcakes stacked on tiered racks. Stephen and Rachel also had a pretty cool idea for the guestbook-it was a picture of a tree, and all the guests could put their fingerprint and sign their name. It was really pretty!
We are so happy to have Rachel in our family, she is such a beautiful, godly sweet girl. She and Stephen are absolutely perfect each other (which is still crazy to me, hehe) and I couldn't be happier for them!


1 comment:

Kell Bell said...

Landon is starting to favor Brad!!! wow.
What a beautiful wedding! They look really happy - and the weather looked great for a wedding. Congrats to your new sis!

Related Posts with Thumbnails