Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pre-Wedding Festivities

This past weekend was an exciting weekend, because my brother got married and I got the sister I've always wanted! We are so happy for Stephen and Rachel. We were so busy and came home and were still busy, so this is the first chance I've had much time. I will put up actual pictures of the wedding in another post when I have time. For now, I'll post pictures from Friday, at the rehearsal and dinner.

Friday we went to Athens/Statham which was about a 1 hour and 45 minute trip. Both kids slept great and never fussed, either one of them! (This makes me excited since we will have a much longer trip to the beach soon). They entertain each other in the car which is awesome, because I remember only having 1 kid--it was terrible because there was no one back there with her so she'd just cry and cry. Landon and Madison made each other laugh the whole way there and back, and again on Saturday. As you can see, naptime took place in the car both days.
We got there early on Friday before the rehearsal, so we stopped by an ice cream shop that Brad and I used to go to on weekends when I went to UGA a few years back. It brought back such good memories, I loved living in Athens. Landon was just happy to be held and played with his paci. Madison enjoyed her ice cream as you can see!
 She got the colorful ice cream, I don't even remember what it was, but she tore it up! She is an ice cream addict, for sure!

We also headed to Walmart to pick up a few things before rehearsal. I sat in the car with the kids while Brad ran in. We got a little bored so Madison resorted to doing "This Little Piggy" on herself:
We got to rehearsal and waited on the bride and groom to show up. They finally did and during rehearsal, it started to get really windy and started raining and storming. It was kind of nice because we were all out there sweating. It was an outdoor wedding so we were outside pretty much the whole time. We did not get to finish the rehearsal but headed on to Olive Garden for the dinner anyways. Both kids ended up falling asleep in the restaurant so we started to head home around 10pm. It was time to go home and get some sleep so we could do it all over again the next day!

Madison was such a trooper in the heat, practicing doing the "fower guhl" walk.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails