Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Landon's 9 Month Check Up

 We took Landon to his 9 month check up yesterday. Dr. said he was absolutely perfect. Had his iron checked, 11.3 which was normal (just a little toe prick, no shots, yay!) His next check up (1 YEAR!) will be the bad one though, with shots that make him cranky. Can't believe we've already scheduled that. He regained only half a pound of the 1 pound that he lost when sick, back up to 19 lbs. 8 oz. (30%) and was 28 inches long (50%). His head was 45.5 cm (50%) so it's not as big as it used to be!
 By his next appointment at 12 months the doctor said he needs to be completely off the pacifier. That's what we did with Madison and it worked great. I just don't look forward to taking it away from him! Just like with Madison, he can start having whole milk at 10.5 months too (but will still be nursing as well.) I will be starting the weaning process with him in the next month or two also. My baby is growing up, so sad....

2 comments:

Atlanta said...

Do you have any tips for getting rid of the pacifier? Lucas still uses his. It is weird because I think it was just habit for a while (and I should have gotten rid of it at that time) but now he acts like he really wants it. I thought I would have it gone by 1, but I didn't.

Erin said...

Well, with Madison we just did it cold turkey. She was only using it at naptime and bedtime, so it wasn't too hard. She cried a few times but we never gave in as hard as it was. With Landon, he seems to be more attached to it. I think I will gradually do it with him-start taking it away at naptime and not giving it to him at bedtime unless he cries. Then gradually work off of bedtime. I have actually heard of some people cutting off the end of it so it doesn't work and then their baby doesn't want it. I've never tried that but it might be worth a try! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails