Thursday, March 17, 2011

Landon is 6 Months Old!

My friend Carrie (Audrey's Mommy) took this at church Sunday. So sweet! (He wasn't in his church clothes because he had had a blow out in them..that's my boy...)

We have been so busy lately and things have almost been chaotic. At least it feels that way to me. Madison is turning 2 this weekend and I have just started thinking about what we are going to do for her party! I am definitely NOT prepared...haha. Well Brad has been working several events at church that have left me with both babies all day long for 12-13 hours. There have been times that I wish I could just go to work like some moms to escape it all and actually sit down! I am absolutely exhausted each evening but it is so worth it. I would never want to be away from them for more than a few hours. I have, however, started working a little bit (part-time) at our church nursery. I am able to take the kids too so there's no cost for childcare. I work whenever there is help needed (which has been 100% of the time so far). I'm working about 4 days a week (Sunday nights, teaching 3-4 year olds Wednesdays during Bible study, Wednesday night church and Thursdays for MOPS and volunteers). It's not a whole lot but it helps us out some. The best part is my kids get to be there with me and I am serving the Lord like I should be. My kids have been at church about 15 hours over the past several days, but there's no better place for them to be!
Well  yesterday Landon turned 6 months old! I can't believe he is already halfway to 1! Time has flown by with him. He still feels like such a little baby to me though, and he is such a momma's boy :) He had his 6 month check-up today and weighed in at 18 lbs. 12 oz. (75%), 26.5 in (50%) tall, and still has a large head at 45cm (75%). The doctor said Madison is looking more like me, but he couldn't tell yet who Landon looks like because his chubby cheeks were in the way. He is starting to slim down (from 90 to 75%) so we should be able to see soon! This is about the same time Madison started slimming down as well, when we started introducing more solids. He has had solids a few times but for the most part has been exclusively breastfed for 6 months. I am a proud momma to say he has never had a drop of formula! We are going to start using a sippy cup more now, and I have been making him homemade organic baby food too. I made some for Madison but we had so many jars of organic baby food I had gotten for free that I stuck with those mainly. I buy Landon's fruits and veggies from the farmer's market (organic only) and blend it up and freeze it for him. I am amazed at how much better organic food tastes too. The apples I made him were sooo good (I had to try some!). I added a little cinnamon to them and he loves them. I have gotten a lot of my information from the website www.wholesomebabyfood.com which has a lot of good recipes as well.
Landon is in 6 to 6-9 to 9 month clothes, size 2 shoes, and size 3 diapers. He's sitting up pretty well, although still a bit wobbly at times. He rolls all around the floor in different directions, just like Madison did. He looks like he could take off crawling any day now. His favorite thing to do is play in the exersaucer or swing around in the johnny jump-up. He still has no teeth, which I am kind of happy about since his sister had 2 at 4 months! He is such an easy, happy baby who I never hear cry. I remember that Madison used to cry in the car all the time, but Landon never does unless he's hungry. Madison is back there with him and can easily make him laugh. That is a definite plus to having 2 kids-they entertain each other all the time! Landon likes to lay on the floor and play with Madison, and will sometimes roll on top of her. They are so fun to watch. Landon is absolutely the most ticklish baby I've ever seen and starts laughing when you take his diaper off or even touch his toes. When I get up in the morning, he is usually on his belly in his crib looking up at the door or spitting. He likes to stare at you, grab your face, eat your face, and laugh. If you walk out of the room, he will yell at you until you come back. He can belch like a full grown man and likes to look at the TV. He has such a sweet little personality and can light up a whole room with his smile! He is so wonderful and I wouldn't change a thing! What an amazing 6 months!

 And here's a pretty cute video:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails