Thursday, January 20, 2011

Landon's 4 Month Check Up

Landon had his 4 month check up/shots yesterday. He weighed in at 16 lbs. 8 oz. (90th percentile). The nurse measured him at 25 1/2 in. (50th percentile) then said 24 1/2 in. so I'm not sure what it was. He's always been in the 50th percentile for height so we'll go with that. His head was in the 75th percentile. The doctor and nurse were talking about how "cheeky" he was with those chubby cheeks. We discussed starting solids, and we are free to anytime between now and 6 months. Originally I had decided to wait until 6 months to start him on it, because the AAP recommends that they only get breastmilk for the first 6 months. The only risk of starting at 4 months is the chance of developing seasonal allergies--not even food allergies! That was weird. I'm going to keep him mainly on breastmilk and maybe start giving him a tiny bit of food, as long as he is still getting mostly breastmilk for his nutrition. I gave him a little bit of organic rice cereal mixed with breastmilk last night and he actually seemed to eat it pretty well! The only reason I may start giving him a little each day is so he has something to eat at church in between Sunday School and worship. (I'm still having to leave Sunday School early to feed him since he won't take a bottle very well still) It would also help get him on more of a schedule..he doesn't keep a consistent schedule at all except at night, but I am still getting up with him around 3-4 am. So anyways we'll see how that goes! The doctor said he's definitely not missing any meals so whatever we decide is good with him. I think we will try it and see how Landon does with more food-whenever HE is ready. I know every baby is different.
And just because I thought this was funny...other nursing moms can totally relate...
(may have to click & make it bigger)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails