Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sad Day, Happy Day

Remember this post? Well, yesterday was a sad day because poor little Ish has passed away...Daddy was in charge of cleaning his little aquarium and one time I think it got a little dirty because we were so busy...that Ish got sick. He was all discolored and junk and would spastically (is that a word?) swim around at the slightest noise or movement. He wouldn't eat either. We tried some stuff to heal him but he just never did get better. I went in there yesterday morning and saw he wasn't moving. I looked a little closer and he wasn't his pretty blue color, he was all dark and gross looking. It was actually kind of disturbing since he wasn't floating, just laying on the bottom. It kind of made me sad. I told Daddy that he had to give him a proper funeral and burial but I don't think that happened...all I heard was a flush upstairs yesterday evening...oh well. Honestly, I'm kind of glad he's gone. He's out of his little fishy misery and I don't see the point of having fish anyways except to make Madison happy while she watched him. Oh well, RIP Ish.

I also haven't updated much on potty training lately. This was a few months ago...
We haven't been really trying lately, just kind of having it there for Madison to go when she needs to. We usually try to get her to use the potty before bed each night, or before her bath. The past few days she has actually been going poopoo in the potty, and on occasion, peepee. Yesterday afternoon she came up to me, pointed to her bottom and said "poopoo." I asked her if she needed to use the potty and she said yes. So we went upstairs and she went in the big girl potty! We said "byebye poopoo" and flushed it away. She kept saying "Yay!! Poopoo!!" the rest of the day. I'm so proud of her letting me know when she needs to go. I decided to just use a potty seat on the toilet instead of a little potty that sits on the ground, because I really don't want to have one more thing to clean up. Besides, she'll have to learn to go other places besides home. We put the lid down on her little potty and use it as a stool to get up on the big potty. I'm hoping from now on out it will be easier even though I know it can take more time. I'm just happy she's kind of training herself/at her own pace. We're trying to cut back on diapers for her, using cloth only at night and after she's pooped during the day. Still haven't had to buy any for Landon which is nice too!

1 comment:

Hugh said...

A friend of ours called in their pastor to do a funeral and a backyard burial service when their pet died. And all Ish got was a flush....

Related Posts with Thumbnails