Saturday, June 12, 2010

Stream of Consciousness


Just another busy weekend here, so I thought I'd update on a few things. Is it sad that I don't remember much that happened this past week? Pregnancy brain is getting to me (so is the heat). I took Madison to a lunch date with my good friend Jessica and baby Keegan who is already a month old! I can't believe it. He's already over 12 pounds too! Sweet baby. We decided to hit up Chick-fil-A and taste the spicy chicken sandwich. Very good.

Friday my parents and I took Madison to see my grandparents and go swimming in their pool again. Man, was it hot. Madison had a blast and squealed and splashed and kicked. She even started sticking her face in the water to get a taste, ugh. It was nice for me to cool off too, I felt SO much lighter, although when I got out of the pool, my belly felt like it weighed a ton.

Today was another busy day, we went to a friend's wedding then to another friend's graduation party. I was sweating within 2 minutes of being outside (this summer is killing me and it's only June.) Madison had her nap in the car. We got home, picked up a pool from Walmart which will be sooo nice. It's pretty big and fits nicely on our back deck...much better than Madison's baby pool. We'll have fun in that. Big enough for several adults too. I also got a Babybond cover which I had ordered that I'm pretty pumped about for Landon. Madison didn't like to be covered up much, so I wish I had known about these when I first had her. This way Landon can eat wherever I am without having to go somewhere.

Tonight was exciting again, because Daddy has a routine with Madison before she gets changed or gets a bath. He told her to sit on the potty and go peepee if she needed to. Sure enough she immediately started pushing (Daddy taught her that too, go figure) and went potty on command. So funny. So anyways she's done it several times now, and gave Daddy a high five when she was done.

We've got another busy day tomorrow with church in the morning and then in the evening. Just another normal Sunday. I'm pretty pumped about next Saturday too. That is when we scheduled our 4D ultrasound for Landon. We're going back to the same place that we went to for Madison, and it was wonderful. I was 26 weeks with her, but the closest I could get it this time with Landon will be 27.5 weeks (Yes, 3rd Trimester!) Maybe we'll get a good shot of his face on the big 120 inch screen and see if he looks like his big sister!! I can't wait to see him. He's causing a bunch of trouble though! He's using my bladder as a punching bag, stretching out, kicking me hard, moving constantly, and I even felt my first Braxton Hicks contraction the other day. It was a lot more than I ever experienced with Madison. It lasted a good 5 minutes and I was so uncomfortable. I better have an easy labor because of these! Everything just seems so much earlier and a little more uncomfortable this time, but I had it extremely easy last time. Overall I can't complain though. Just working on trying to drink my 80-100 ounces of water a day...as if I didn't visit the bathroom enough already.
Well, this is what our baby girl is doing now, and what I should be doing...

1 comment:

mnalley05 said...

Sounds like everything is going wonderful! I hope this heat doesn't make you too uncomfortable! I could not imagine being pregnant in this heat! I was hot enough in the heat we had in April and May!
I so wish I had known about that cover-up thing. Lucas hates being under the cover I have, this would be perfect. I may try and get one soon.
Hope all continues to go well with Madison and the pregnancy! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails