Monday, June 7, 2010

Potty and 26 Weeks

We've had a super busy weekend so this has been my first chance to update! We had a good friend over, celebrated my dad's birthday at my grandparents' house, went swimming, went out to eat with my parents, brother, and his girlfriend, then spent all day yesterday at church! It's been exhausting but fun of course.

*TMI for some people, but exciting none the less*
The biggest news was that Maddie decided that she wanted to use her potty this weekend, and went peepee on it! We had bought her a potty awhile ago just to have whenever she was ready, and the seat also comes off to go on the big toilet too (or you can put the lid down and use it as a stepstool.) She loves sitting on it, so Daddy was getting her ready for her bath and asked her if she needed to go peepee. She was already naked so she sat down and went. She was so proud of herself and clapped for herself even when she was in the bath afterwards. Yesterday she tried to go poopoo on it (you could see her pushing) but unfortunately she was constipated all day yesterday so no success as far as that goes! But it's a start, since she's still somewhat young I think it will take a little bit longer. I'm in no rush although it would be nice to not have 2 in diapers for long! I've heard of many kids being potty trained by 18 months, but we won't rush her. I know age isn't a factor, just depends on the kid.

**Warning: More TMI (but funny)**
Today she tried going poopoo again on her potty. She got excited and jumped up, but some turds fell on the floor as she ran--oops! Oh well, I was just ecstatic that she finally wasn't constipated anymore! Ok, enough potty talk...

I went to my 26 week check up today at the doctor. Everything went great again, my blood pressure was 100/60, had my finger pricked for iron which turned out normal, and I've gained a total of 16 pounds which I'm pretty happy about (doing better than last time I think.) What's exciting is that my midwife said she was pretty sure Landon is already head down and ready to go! He is super low, just like I carried Madison. She did say however, that she thinks he will be a bigger baby than Madison, being a second baby, and since boys are usually bigger than girls. I don't think it will be hard to beat Madison's birthweight! She said I'll probably start having contractions soon (Braxton-Hicks of course) and I need to be drinking 80-100 oz. of water a day, especially being summertime. My bladder is really going to get a workout now! I will be in my 3rd trimester NEXT week! I can't believe it. I start my biweekly doctor's appointments now, so I will be back in 2 weeks. The surprise of today was that I went ahead and got my Glucose test over with. They actually test in the office now instead of having to go over to a lab next door. It was terrible having to drink that stuff again. Brought back painful memories! I kept it down (because I had eaten something, but not too much), got my blood drawn, and I'm hoping that I passed. I will seriously cry if I get a call next week saying I failed (THIS is what happened last time if you remember). I guess we'll wait and see...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails