Friday, May 28, 2010

Prayer Request

A few weeks ago, when several friend's babies were born, I mentioned one who was born prematurely, at only 30 weeks gestation (but was only measuring about 27 weeks). Little baby Aaron was doing ok but recently got an infection. As premature as he was, it was tough for him to fight it off, surgery wasn't an option as he was too little, and he was flown to Scottish Rite overnight. This morning around 10:30 am we heard the news that sweet baby Aaron went to be with Jesus. He was 3 weeks old. I ask you to please pray for this family during this time even though you may not know them. They are a wonderful, sweet couple and this was their first child. They were in our newlywed Sunday School Class a few years ago, and Shauntay (the wife) is the assistant director at our church's pregnancy center.

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose your child. This is one of those times that I don't understand why God lets this happen, but I do know that everything works to bring glory to Him. Our lives are so fragile but it brings me comfort that we are in His hands and He will do His will. I count my blessings every day for my children, and this just reminds me that life is short. I have heard countless stories recently about miscarriages, premature births, babies dying young from injuries or accidents, etc. Parents, savor each moment with your child and love them dearly. I know I do, even more now. Please pray for those families who have had recent losses, I can't imagine how hard it must be.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails