Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day and 22 Weeks

It was so wonderful being able to celebrate my 2nd Mother's Day this year. We had a great weekend. We had a family get together with aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents at my grandparents' new house. I had to run over to a quick wedding shower for a good friend, but was able to make both.
My cousin always takes great pictures, so here are a few. We have a lot of redheads in my family :)

Sunday my brother was in town to see my mom. We did our usual Sunday morning at church, where all the moms got pretty carnation flowers and in our contemporary service, sang some Lynyrd Skynyrd. (Simple Man in honor of Mother's Day, the Ben Robbins Band always does an amazing job.) We also started off the service with a pretty good Mr. T. video singing about mothers. After church we all went out to eat and had some good food. Madison was good to me and took a nap for several hours after that. So it was a good 2nd Mother's Day and I had fun celebrating my mom too. Thank you Mom for always setting such a godly example for me and showing me how to put God first in my life before anything or anyone else. Thank you for always showing me the importance of honoring God in everything and keeping me accountable to put aside time each week for Him and only Him. I am so blessed and couldn't have asked for a better mother!

Also, we had our 22 week check up at the doctor this week. Landon is doing wonderfully and I'm measuring at exactly 22 weeks. He is probably weighing around 1 pound now, and I'm apparently supposed to be gaining a pound a week. I went through a little growth spurt around 21 weeks which is exactly when it happened with I was pregnant with Madison, so there must be something big going on around that time!

We finally finished Madison's new room, which is much bigger and nicer. I'm really excited about it and she loves it. She has done great sleeping in there, which is a burden off my shoulders knowing we have her settled and can now work on the nursery for Landon. Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails