Tuesday, February 2, 2010

1st Doctor's Appointment

Today was my first prenatal visit. My mom was sweet enough to take off work to keep Madison while Brad and I went. It didn't take as long as we thought, since I'll be getting blood work done next time instead. We did however get an ultrasound done, and they confirmed my due date as September 13. I am 8 weeks, 1 day, and the baby measured 8 weeks, 2 days. So everything is right on track.
His or her heartbeat was 170 bpm which seemed really high, but the ultrasound technician was quick to point out that it is no indicator of gender! It's going to be really hard having to wait until 20 weeks to find out again! 
So far everything looked good and is going fine, just like my last pregnancy. I'm starting out a pound lighter than I did with Madison but there is no way I'm going to let myself put on as much weight as I did with her! It's really difficult though because I feel sick as if I'm going to throw up if I get hungry so I have to eat pretty constantly. I'm cramping a little just like I did with Madison the entire first trimester, but not nearly as much it seems. It will be interesting to see how much or how little this pregnancy is like the last!
Here I am getting the ultrasound done-so exciting!
Here is a picture of our little baby: (If you're wondering, the round part on which the baby is "sitting" is just the yolk sac that I believe disappears within a few weeks)
Just for comparison, I decided to look at Madison's ultrasound. It is not at the same age, hers was at 6 weeks 6 days, whereas this one is 8 weeks 1 day. It's amazing to see how they double in size in that little time though. She had a lot more room in this picture than this baby does now. Also a little bit clearer!

2 comments:

Katie Reeder said...

So exciting!!

Kathleen said...

so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails