Friday, January 8, 2010

2 Under 2, Eating for 3

See my new shirt?



"...be fruitful and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth and multiply in it."  Gen. 9:7

OK! That's Brad's new favorite verse now...I still can't quite believe it. Yes, if you saw my last post you may have figured out that we're expecting Baby Evans 2.0! (Brad's childish humor comes out if I refer to him or her as number 2.) Anyways my due date is around September 13, 2010. I don't go to the doctor until February 2, which by then I'll be 8 weeks along. So yes, right now I am almost 5 weeks. We found out super early, on New Year's when I was 3 1/2 weeks! The pregnancy tests these days amaze me at how early they can detect the pregnancy hormone. This was definitely a surprise for me as we were not trying for another yet...but we are still so excited and looking forward to having another one of God's little blessings in our lives.

My goal was to have our kids about 20-24 months apart, and they will actually be 18 months apart. So not too far off. Everyone has been wanting us to give Madison a sibling now that she is older, anyways! It's almost a daily request, especially from people from church. I LOVE that they will be close. My brother and I are 22 months apart and that was great. I know it might be tough at the beginning, but it will be sooo worth it in end. That's what I've heard. I've even heard that from the people who have kids 12, 13, or 14 months apart! They'll always have someone to play with and that's definitely easier on us in the long run!

Anyways we are super excited and so far my pregnancy is going great (what little of it I've been through!) I have been eating like crazy since before I even found out. My mom and I (and Madison of course) were out shopping a few days before I found out, and I had a meal at home for lunch, then a combo at Chick-fil-A not long after. I didn't find anything weird about it, but my mom went home and told my dad "If I didn't know any better, I'd think Erin was pregnant!" Little did we know! We had to make a big grocery trip after we found out, since I am still breastfeeding Madison, plus growing a baby, plus having to feed myself-eating for 3. I read you're supposed to eat an extra 500-800 calories a day if you are both pregnant and breastfeeding. I haven't really had to watch what I eat, even when nursing, because it just burns calories like crazy. Now I have to really watch my nutrition though. Right now I am living off of fruits, vegetables, protein, extra calcium, yogurt, peanut butter, orange juice, whole grains and a TON of water! With a little chocolate thrown in there every once in awhile for my sanity :)
And to think, I was just about to start exercising and was going to try to get back in shape again since having Madison...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this! Makes it seem real now! I love watching how the baby is developing and how Maddie is growing. WOW! I'm praying for you pretty much constantly now, dear.
Love,
Mom

Katie Reeder said...

oh my gosh!!!! How exciting! I will be praying for you:)! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails