Wednesday, March 18, 2009

40 Weeks...and Counting...

Well here we are. We've had an interesting day so far. Our appointment was supposed to be at 1:00 today, but I got up around 9:30 this morning, and a good bit of my water started leaking at 9:45. I called Brad, called the doctor, and they told us to come on in early. We got there, got "tested" to see if my water really broke, and the midwife said she didn't think it really broke. I hadn't leaked anymore since we got there, so of course there wasn't any down there to test. She said it was probably a high tear in the sac (Hind-waters leak?) and the baby's head is just plugging everything up down at the bottom. She did say that I was more dilated, I am about 1.5 cm, almost 2cm dilated now. She stripped my membranes to try to get things going, so we will see if that works. We asked if we could on go to the hospital since my water is already leaking, and she said no, they were "too busy" today. So wow. We weren't crazy about her but there is not much we can do but wait. She is having us return on Friday for a Biophysical Profile Ultrasound to make sure everything is ok with the baby. So for now I am sitting at home pretty miserable, with a bad backache and lots of cramping and some bleeding (from the membrane sweep) which is completely normal apparently. But it's no fun and I'm not in a good mood! :( Still no contractions, but Madison is still moving just fine. We will try to keep everyone updated if anything happens before Friday.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails