Wednesday, March 4, 2009

38 Weeks

Well we had our 38 week doctor appointment today. I was a little bit disappointed when the doctor said I was still the same as last time, 1/2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I started having some contractions starting a few days ago, which is a first for this entire pregnancy, so I thought I might have made some progress. However, Madison's head has moved down even more to the zero station...meaning she is fully engaged in my pelvis, and the top of her head is now at the top of the birth canal. In other words, she has nowhere to go but OUT now! That explains all the pressure and overall uncomfortableness I've been feeling lately. I don't see how I can walk around like this with her feeling like shes about to drop about for another 2 weeks...I asked the doctor and he said he doesn't think I will make it to the due date. But you never know, some babies are stubborn. He also said he doesn't think she is going to be a little baby, but not huge either. So that's good news. I guess now all I can do is just wait and put up with more backaches, sleepless nights, and not being able to bend over. I want this baby out!! Come on, Maddie...

2 comments:

Heather said...

I could give you a whole list of things that are supposed to help you go into labor, but instead I will tell you what I wish I had done. Sit back, relax, watch TV and go out to eat with your husband. These last few days with it being just you and Brad are very special, enjoy every minute of it! What an exciting time!!! It won't be long now!!

Rebecca said...

Great advice from Heather! Take it one day at a time...I'm praying for you, sweetie. Love, Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails