Friday, February 6, 2009

34 Weeks & Hospital Tour

Wednesday was the 34 week doctor's appointment. Everything went great, just routine stuff. I'm up about 30 pounds total...and baby will still be gaining a half pound a week, yikes! Oh well. Still within the recommended range. A funny thing happened when the doctor tried to listen to her heart. He had been feeling on my belly to try to see what kind of position she was in. He was pushing down really hard and it was a little bit painful. Apparently Madison didn't like being pushed on so much either, so as soon as he put the heartbeat device on my belly, she kicked it HARD. It made a loud sound and all you could see was the right side of my belly go up in the air, and Brad said he saw the other side go up after that. I just felt bad for the poor doctor, he looked a little startled and said "whoah, shes active!" She kicked him good. Almost knocked the heartbeat device out of his hand. But I guess that's what he got for messing with a feisty little girl :)

She is still not head down, he said she is somewhat balled up. So I think shes still transverse. Hopefully she will turn here soon. They said in a couple of weeks that if she is still like that, they can manually try to turn her from the outside. Ouch. But I'm not too worried, I know that some babies don't turn down til labor starts. So we'll see. I guess shes just being stubborn...I wonder who she gets that from?

We also went on our hospital tour last night. It was a lot of fun. It was exciting to see where we will be when the day comes. And Kennestone is sooo nice. The women's center is amazing. It has 21 huge labor and delivery rooms, and then 60 smaller postpartum rooms. Apparently theres some good food and coffee too, which is always a plus in my book. So anyways, we got a lot of our questions answered, so we feel more ready now. Our next doctor's appointment is February 18, then the next starts weekly appointments on the 25th! :)

2 comments:

Ang said...

That is so exciting. I can't wait to see pictures when she comes!

Katie Reeder said...

I hated missing your shower and am so excited about baby Madison! Can't wait to meet her!

Related Posts with Thumbnails